Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: Favorite or most memorable Altec moments.....

  1. #11
    Hostboard Member tinpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2011
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite or most memorable Altec moments.....

    I didn't know it then, but for me it would be now and probably 1977. The summer of 1977 was magical for me, I was a junior in high school, I had my own car and a very cute girl friend that ended up finishing her senior year of high school in an all girls boarding school in Switzerland. Here parents clearly did not appreciate me. Anyway. one of my all time favorite moments of that summer was going to the Manassas Mall movie theater and seeing the movie, The Spy Who Loves Me. To that day that movie's opening sequence holds a special place in my heart.

    Spin forward a couple weeks ago and a pair of rescued A210's followed me home:

    3
    Here they are getting washed

    4
    Painted

    5
    Stickers

    6
    And ready for drivers and horns.

    I was to find out, when I picked these up, they came from the Manassas Mall Movie Theater. It is very possible I may have heard them oh so many years ago.

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member juniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2011
    Posts
    368
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite or most memorable Altec moments.....

    Thanks gentlemen, thanks for giving up some of your history......wonderful stories..... O.G. glad that is your ex-girlfriend, she looks pissed, and out of a 70's b grade film about to eat someones neck....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.